Wednesday, February 25, 2015

"Trauma"

This was the game I worked on for the Global Game Jam in Singapore 2015. The theme was "What do we do now". I joined forces with an old friend and his team over at Rotten Mage Games - they have some neat stuff at their website http://www.rottenmage.com/and we made a point-and-click game that takes place in a hospital during a terrorist attack - conceptually, I would say it closely resembles Papers, Please. Check it out in the link below:

http://globalgamejam.org/2015/games/trauma-0

Screenshots:





Just like the game jam I attended last year, I did most of the game design for the game (for example, I came up with the main gameplay dynamic of choosing which patient to save within the time constraints). I also composed the music and sourced the sound effects for the game. On the whole, I was really happy that we managed to pull off a simple game with a mature theme that managed to get players to ask themselves, "what do we do now?"

No comments:

Post a Comment